Victoria Falls is in the Blue Mountains National Park. There is a swimming hole at the bottom of the falls and some cascades at the top of the falls. The hike to the falls takes you down a steep track into a canyon. It is 2km one way to the base of the falls. It's a unique waterfall with a big overhang that makes a little bit of a cave. The cascades at the top of the falls are worth a look too. You'll find some shallow pools shaded under the forest canopy.
Blue Mountains National Park
Victoria Falls Road, Mount Victoria, NSW
From Mount Victoria.
- Turn onto Victoria Falls Road from the Great Western Highway.
- Follow Victoria Falls Road for 5.2km to the end.
- Park and walk the Victoria Falls Trail to the bottom for 2km.
- You will come to a split in the track.
- Go right to swim at the cascades.
- Go left and follow the trail a little further to swim in the water hole at the base of the falls.