Stony Creek is a swimming hole in the Bellthorpe National Park. There is a day use area, toilets and picnic tables by the stream. If you follow the short walking track down stream from the day use area it takes you to a junction where Stony Creek meets another creek and forms a waterhole. The water is extremely fresh and clear.
If you follow the creek upstream from this point you can find many more unofficial swimming holes, waterfalls and rock pools. It is tough going though, as there are no trails or paths so you have to climb over rocks.
Fletcher Road, Woodford, QLD
- Head north along the D’Aguilar Highway for 7km.
- Turn right onto Stony Creek Road and follow it for 2.9km.
- Turn right onto Fletcher Road and follow it for 3.1km.
- Take a left and Stony Creek Day Use area is at the end of the road.
- Follow the walking track down to Stony Creek.
- The swimming hole is at the intersection of two creeks.