Red Cedar Falls has a small swimming hole at the bottom of the falls. The water is about chest deep and very cold. The walk to the falls descends down a very steep switchback and then onto a series of rock steps. When you arrive at the falls you are on the side of the mountain with views into the gully below. Coachwood Falls is not far from here, and has a deeper swimming hole too.
Dorrigo National Park
Dome Road, Never Never, NSW
- Head east along Waterfall Way for 1km.
- Turn left onto Dome Road and follow it for 11km to the end.
- Park and walk the Rosewood Creek Circuit Track in an anti-clockwise direction for 1.9km.
- (Note: There is a shortcut track about 600m along the Rosewood Creek Track. Turn left here and you will cut about 1km off the hike.)
- Take a sharp right and descend 1.4km to the falls and swimming hole.