Potoroo Falls is a little hidden gem of a waterfall located in Tapin Tops National Park. There is a great swimming hole beneath the falls with crystal clear water. It’s completely surrounded by dense rain forest. The falls are well off the beaten track, and you’ll have to follow a series of logging roads to get there. The day use area is pleasantly located beside Little Run Creek in amongst the forest. Facilities include picnic tables and a toilet.
Tapin Tops National Park, Potoroo Forest Road, Taree, NSW
- Head north west out of town along Murray Road for 1.8km.
- Continue on Bulga Road for 4.3km.
- Turn left onto Wherrol Flat Road and follow for 5km.
- At the fork turn right onto Wherrol Flat Road for 8km.
- Turn left onto Big Run Road for 2.9km.
- Turn right onto Dingo Tops Forest Road for 4.3km.
- Turn left onto Potoroo Forest Road for 11km.
- Park by the day use area.
- Walk across the footbridge and you’ll find a little path on your right leading upstream.
- Follow the path upstream for 500m to Potoroo Falls and the swimming hole.