Ormiston Gorge would have to be one of the most picture perfect gorges in Australia. There is a large permanent water hole surrounded by steep red rocky cliffs. The water hole has a sandy bottom and is a perfect place to swim in the Alice Spings heat. If you’re lucky you may spot a Dingo taking a drink or strolling through the campground.
Facilities at Ormiston Gorge include toilets, a picnic area and a camp ground. There is also a small shop where you can purchase supplies if needed.
Namatjira Drive, West MacDonnell National Park, NT
From Alice Springs
- Head west out of town along Larapinta Drive 900m
- At roundabout take exit 2 onto Larapinta Drive 30m
- At roundabout continue straight onto Larapinta Drive 45km
- Turn right onto Namatjira Drive 81km
- Turn right onto unnamed road 7km