Murray Upper Falls is located in Girramay National Park. It is a large waterfall on the Murray River with an impressive rock pool at the base of the falls. No swimming is allowed in this pool unfortunately. Swimming is ok in the many rockpools and swimming holes down stream from the falls. The water is so clean that you can drink it straight from the river.
There is a picnic area, toilets and a campground. Murray Falls Campground is a great place to camp. It has a large grassy area under the shade of some tall gum trees.
Girramay National Park
Murray Falls Road, Murray Upper, QLD
From Bruce Highway near the town of Murrigal.
- Turn onto Upper Murray Road, Murrigal.
- Murray Upper Falls is listed on the signpost at the turnoff.
- Follow Upper Murray Road in a south westerly direction.
- Turn right onto Middle Murray Road and keep going straight ahead onto Murray Falls Road.
- Follow this road to the end and you will end up at Murray Upper Falls.