In this section the Mossman River is a shallow, sandy bottom river. The river passes through lush rain forest and it's a beautiful swimming location. As far as we could tell there are no crocs in the river up this far up. That is based on swimming there and also the tube riding tours who operate along the river.
If you follow the river up a little way there is a palm tree overhanging the river with a hammock set up on it, a perfect place to relax.
Finlayvale Road, Mossman, QLD
- Head north along Foxton Street for 1.9km.
- Turn left onto Syndicate Road and follow it for 600m.
- Turn left onto Finlayvale Road and follow it for 1.5km.
- You will see a one lane bridge with a small parking area (or waiting area).
- Pull off here and the river is right next to the road.