Miaree Pool is a swimming hole located 32km southwest of Karratha on the Nullagine River. It is one of the warmest swimming holes you will come across, you can stay in the water all day without getting cold. It is safe to swim here as there are no crocodiles this far up the river. There was a rope swing at the time of writing and you can swim out to the rocks in the middle of the river. There is also a great free camping site called the Miaree Pool Rest Area. It is located well off the highway.
Miaree Pool, North West Coast Highway, Karratha, WA
- Drive west along the Dampier Highway
- Turn left onto Madigan Road
- Turn right onto the North West Coast Highway
- Follow the highway in a westerly direction for 18.6km
- Take a left turn onto a dirt track about 1km before the Nullagine River bridge
- Follow the track for 0.9km to Miaree Pool