Killen Falls is located just downstream from the Emigrant Creek Dam in the Killen Falls Public Reserve. There is a swimming hole and an rocky overhang which creates a small cave. It's a really beautiful location with towering rocky cliffs surrounding the waterhole. The water is a little cloudy and there can be a bit of duckweed in the waterhole at times. Take the Boodgeragah Walk to get to the base of the falls and swimming hole.
There is a portaloo and a small grassed area with lots of shade near the carpark. A picnic table can be found near the Emigrant Creek Dam lookout along The Water Walk.
Killen Falls Drive, Tintenbar, NSW
From Byron Bay.
- Head west along Ewingsdale Road.
- Turn left onto the Pacific Highway and follow it towards the south for 15km.
- Take the Lennox Head exit.
- Turn right under the highway and get onto Tamarind Drive.
- Turn right onto Friday Hut Road.
- Take another right onto Killen Falls Drive and follow the road to the end.
- Park and follow the Boodgeragah walking trail to the lookout and swimming hole.
- It's about a 500m walk to the waterhole and the track is fairly rough in sections.