Kermits Pool is a swimming hole located in a canyon at the end of the Spider Walk in Karijini National Park. The Spider Walk is so named because you need to use your arms and legs to make your way along a tight canyon, just like a spider. There are also some steel ladders you need to climb down to get into the canyon. The best idea is to wear your bathers on this hike, as you're going to get a little wet canyoning down to the swimming hole. It's much easier to wade or swim through the deeper pools rather than trying to climb around them. This is one of the most exciting hikes you'll come across anywhere in Australia.
Weano Road, Karijini National Park, WA
From Karijini Visitor Center.
- Head south along Karajini NP Visitor Centre Access. 300m
- Turn left onto Banjima Drive. 1200m
- Turn right to stay on Banjima Drive. 9km
- Turn right onto Karijini Drive. 39km
- Turn right onto Weano Road. 38km
- Park at the Weano Day Use Area.
- Take the walking track directly south of the carpark.
- Hike the Spider Walk and Kermits Pool. 700m
Note: If you don't mind a bumpy dirt road, you can head west from the visitor centre along Banjima Road to cut a significant amount of distance off the drive. It is 2WD friendly but you'll have to go slow depending on how recently it has been since it was last graded.