Kapunda Swimming Hole is located on the Light River just outside of Kapunda. There is a big old steel bridge and a deep pool underneath it. The pool is permanent even in the hot summer months so it is a great place to swim on a hot day.
McCarthy Creek Road, Kapunda, SA
- Take the Thiele Highway in a south easterly direction.
- Turn right onto Kapunda - Truro Road.
- After about 2km you will see a big old steel bridge on your right.
- Turn onto McCarthy Creek Road and cross over the bridge.
- Park beneath the bridge and you have reached the waterhole.