Hartley’s Creek is a beautiful and quiet swimming hole just inland from Wangetti Beach about 40km north of Cairns. There are some very nice rock pools to swim in along the river. The walk to the first set of swimming holes will take you about 30mins. If you follow the path further you will find a larger waterfall and swimming hole. There are no crocodiles this far up the river as the rocks keep them out.
Captain Cook Highway, Wangetti Beach, QLD
- Head north along Captain Cook Highway towards Wangetti Beach.
- Just before the turn off to Wangetti Beach you will see Hartley Street on your right.
- Turn immediately left and park on the opposite side of the road to Hartley Street.
- Walk west along the dirt track and you will find a gate and a path.
- Take the path to the swimming holes.