Hanging Rock Falls is a very large swimming hole near Nimbin. The water is usually very muddy looking but it is fresh to swim in. It is not well sign posted but there is a carpark along Williams Road and only a short walk down to the falls. The falls are infamous from the amount of deaths that have occurred from people using the incredibly high and dangerous looking rope swing. (Edit: The rope swing had been cut down.)
Williams Road, Lillian Rock, New South Wales
- Head south out of Nimbin and turn right along Stoney Chute Road.
- Follow this road to the end and then turn left.
- Take the first right onto Williams Road, it is a dirt road.
- Follow Williams Road past Hanging Rock Hall and pass over two wooden bridges.
- You will see a carpark on your left under the shade of some big trees.
- Follow the path down to the falls.