Emerald Creek Falls is a series of cascades down the side of a mountain with a beautiful rock pool at the base of the falls. This is an amazing swimming hole with the purest water. The surrounding landscape is rather baron and dry with sparse gum trees. There is not much shade on the hills. The falls flow throughout the dry season and you can swim here all year round. The stream flows down past the car park so you can go for a splash in the cool water or relax under the shade on hot days. Facilities include toilets and picnic tables.
Emerald Falls Road, Mareeba, QLD
- Head to the Kennedy Highway at the southern end of Mareeba
- Follow the Kennedy Highway east for 2.9km
- Turn right onto Tinaroo Creek Road 2.9km
- Turn left onto Emerald Falls Road 4.6km
- Park and take the walking track up to the falls
- To get to the swimming hole at the base of the falls, you will need to turn left about half way along the walking track and follow a small unmarked trail.