Boulder Creek is a swimming hole on a rocky creek north west of Mackay. The water is crystal clear and you can drink straight out of the creek it is so clean. The pool is shaded beneath rainforest. There is a free campground by the road and a toilet. It's becoming a pretty popular spot for travellers. The swimming hole is about 100m downstream from the causeway.
Calen Mount Charlton Road, Mount Charlton, QLD
- Head north west along the Bruce Highway for 46km.
- Turn left onto Mirani - Mount Ossa Road and follow it for 15km.
- Turn right onto Calen Mount Charlton Road.
- After 1.3km you will come to the Boulder Creek causeway.
- Park and walk 100m downstream to the waterhole.